Monday, August 4, 2014

MOKF Monday: "Tread the Night Softly" by Moench, Zeck, and Gordon

Hi-YAA! Groove-ophiles! We're gonna kick off the week with  a new department: MOKF Monday! That's right, any Monday the mood hits, Ol' Groove is gonna drop-kick a classic Master of Kung Fu tale from the Files of the Forgotten and oops, upside yer head it'll go! What better way to kick off this new feature than with the next chapter of Doug Moench and Mike Zeck's epic run (the run that leads to a major show-down with Fu Manchu, himself!)? We already dug on MOKF #77 here; so if you missed it, don't kick yourself! Get back there and read it, then return promptly right'chere!  Okay, here's MOKF #78 (April 1979), guest-inked by Al Gordon! Bet you'll get a kick out of "Tread the Night Softly"!


















Ain't that a kick in the head? (What, you're gonna kick me out if I don't quit with the "kick" puns? Aww, sorry. It's just a hard habit to kick!)

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful. I'm pretty sure I became a regular reader of Shang Chi's adventures with this issue. I was so intrigued by the story in What If? that come out at about the same time that I had to get the regular series, and I wasn't disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--vJxPcfEj--/18dyhiqwfbelljpg.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to be kickin' it old school... that was a great series Starlin, Gulacy, Craig, Zeck, Day, ... was it Bruce Lee? James Bond? Marvel Superheroes? I don't know, but it was really good - between Zeck and Day, that was four years of amazing stuff.. great run...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making my Mondays a whole lot bigger. How much bigger? At least two feet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!